good news - bad news
Good news:
- Payday! Love it!
- Going to Africa on Friday!
- My first evaluation is over and I think it was better than fine.
- Only two more weeks of class.
- The really crappy paper I turned in for the independent study that he scribbled all over (Michele does the most amazing version of reading it) - he doesn't want me to redo. I'm done with that silly exercise. And I met with him and we cool.
- I don't have much to do tonight. I think I'll walk over to the Starbucks and get a decaf latte because that sounds yummy and I have the time and resources now since I just got paid. Then I'll leisurely come back and finish up packing - weigh the damn bags - and be done with that. Tomorrow, it's just laundry and cleaning (hate coming back to a messy house, plus I have to hit the ground running as soon as I get back). Maybe I'll even work ahead on some things.
- Only two more papers I have to write as a student here, and one I only have to revise after the prof gives it back to me, and the other is for Pass-No Pass independent studies class. Less pressure now.
Bad news:
- 31 more days until the next payday.
- Two more days until I leave - and grades are due, which means lots of work tomorrow. I seriously think I'm going to show a video for half of tomorrow and half of Friday - just to keep 'em relatively quiet - and it's a biography of MLK, whom we're studying next week.
- There will be a conversation about the evaluation with the stupid administrator, then two others - unannounced.
- Two more weeks of class. 12 more hours. Ugh. Though, we do have the profs that are pretty cool - we took air quotes to extremes today. We laugh, we joke, it's all good. And, she likes my writing and work. She was a little put out when I lunged out of my seat with joy tonight when I turned in my final paper. "But, don't you like it?" "Like showing up, or writing papers?" "Writing. I know you LOVE showing up." Um, hell no to writing and hell no to showing up for three hours of blah blah blah. But at least I faked it well, and I've got my A unless I totally bombed this last paper.
To Starbucks I go.
We seem to have a dog - it began living in our front yard and now roommate is feeding it. It's actually a sweet, shy little fellow - I wouldn't mind living with it. I just don't know if roommate understands the responsibilities. And where did he come from? Sad.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home